The 2015 Bolton Health Mela will take place on 14th March at the University of Bolton.
There will be the usual combination of entertainments, activities and free health checks and advice.
The chief guest will be Professor Dame Sue Bailey, Chair of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges. She is also the Chair of the Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition and Mental Health Lead for Health Education England.
This experience makes her especially well equipped to open this, the 6th annual Health Mela in Bolton, because its theme this year will be ‘Mental Health in Children and Young People’.
The event will feature a variety of entertainments and sources of free information:
- Free health checks and confidential advice
- Blood tests for cholesterol and diabetes
- Mental health awareness
- Sexual health advice and screening
- Sports and spinal injuries clinic
- Complementary medicine
- Yoga and healthy living workshops
- Reiki sessions