First Accrington Health Mela to be held in the TOWN HALL Blackburn Road, Accrington BB5 1LA on Saturday 5th May 2018, 11.00 am – 4.00 pm.
FREE ENTRANCE – FREE HEALTH CHECKS – FREE PARKING
The event will be opened to the public at 11,00 am by honoured guest:
Professor John Middleton, President of the UK Faculty of Public Health. in the presence of the Deputy Mayor of Hyndburn Mr Mohammad Ayub.
What better way to tune up for a healthy Summer than by taking a free confidential health check? You don’t need an appointment – just come along to Accrington Town Hall between 11.00 am and 4.00 pm and enrol for a free and friendly test session with volunteer health professionals. They will measure your BMI, blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol levels in a relaxed, informal atmosphere and provide friendly, expert counselling tailored to you as an individual. It’s an offer not to be missed.
Health checks are only one part of what the unique Accrington Health Mela has on offer. Bring all the family along so they don’t miss out this unique opportunity to:
• visit over 30 stalls representing organisations dedicated to the promotion of healthy living and get tips to keep your
family healthy and happy.
• hear health professionals and volunteers explain the work they do to foster community wellbeing,
• meet and talk to new people,
• try out new experiences like a relaxing session of Reiki,
• enjoy music and dance performances brought to you by local groups,
• talk to members of local Rotary Clubs about how you can get involved in service to your community,
and much, much more!
The vibrant, festival atmosphere of the Health Mela ensures a warm welcome for everyone, especially family groups. You can expect an entertaining and informative experience in a vibrant festival atmosphere. You will leave with a refreshing new perspective on family health.
At 10.00 am, before the Health Mela opens to the public, a ‘Breakfast Meeting’ for invited guests, is to be held. This provides an opportunity for health and associated professionals to discuss a health-related topic of current local interest. The theme for the meeting is ‘Developing Integrated neighbourhood teams – a route to the improvement of Health & Wellbeing in East Lancashire’.