The 2014 Preston Health Mela will take place at the Guild Hall in Preston. The Chief Guests will be Dr D Ballard, Vice-chair of the Royal College of General Practioners, and the Chair of International Rotary for Great Britain and Ireland, Nan McCready.
The theme for this year’s event will be “Health & Safety for Your Wellbeing” and it will feature the usual combination of entertainments, information and activities.
- Free health MOT check
- Lots of fun activities for children
- Information on health issues
- Internet safety
- Falls and prevention
It will be supported by a large number of public and private sector organisations dedicated to promoting better health. Partners and supporters include:
- Gujarat Hindu Society
- Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Preston City Council
- Rotary International
- University of Manchester (Health Olympics)
The Guild Hall is located on Lancaster Road near the city centre. The postcode is PR1 1HT.